HYHY Re-Opening Safety Protocols
Updated: June 9, 2020
We’ve missed you so much!
As the State of California has now cleared gyms, including yoga studios, to reopen with specific safety protocols, we are excited to announce, our official reopen date will be:
Friday, June 12th! Yay!
We will be opening with a slightly modified schedule, as well as specific safety protocols that allow us to practice safe physical distancing and maintain as clean an environment as possible to ensure your safety.
Here’s what you need to know:
Temporary Cancellation of 5:30am Classes
As of now, we will have no 5:30am classes during the weekdays.
New Time Slot on Saturdays
We have temporarily added an additional 11:00am Hot Fusion class on Saturdays.
Limited Class Sizes with Online Sign Up Only
- Classes will be capped at 17 people, and you MUST sign up online beforehand to attend class.
- If you are unsure of how to sign up for classes online, download either the MindBody app or the Hot Yoga Healthy You app (either is ok), and it will take you through setting up an account. Once you do, you will be able to sign up for classes through either of those apps.
- As of now, If you do NOT sign up for class beforehand, you will not be permitted, to ensure that there is even spacing. Students may only attend class if you sign up through MindBody or the HYHY app.
- We ask that you please sign up only if you plan on actually taking class. If you need to cancel, please do so an hour or more before class, to allow space for others to take class.
15 Minute Pre-Class Window & Touchless Check-In
- At this time, the studio will only be open 15 minutes before every class.
- We will wait outside the front door in a line and will check in one person at a time. There will be no ipad check-in.
- Please Note: You will only be permitted to take class if you have signed up beforehand via the Mindbody or the HYHY app. If you have NOT pre-signed up, you will not be admitted to class. If class is full, you can still sign up online for the waitlist, and if there are available spots, you may be permitted to take class.
- During this 15 minute window, the practice room door will remain open to limit contact with door handles.
Limited Time in Lobby
Although we cherish our community, at this time, our lounge area will be closed off.
Safe Social Distancing
There will be taped markers on the floor that are evenly spaced for 6 feet distance between mats. We ask that when you attend class, you place your mats within these markers.
No Mat/Towel Rentals
At this time, we will not be renting out mats or towels, but there will be mats, towels, and waters for purchase.
The State highly recommends the wearing of masks in the studio lobby, but masks are not mandatory.
Students will have access to 1 canister of wipes and hand sanitizer in the studio room. We recommend bringing any supplies you would like for cleanliness, as supplies (such as wipes) are very limited.
No Props or Hands on Adjustments
- At this time, we will not be offering the use of blocks or straps, but you may bring your own.
- We will also refrain from any hands on adjustments until further notice.
- For those of you that taking Yoga Sculpt, you will leave your mats at your spot and we will disinfect.
If you haven’t yet checked out our online platform, Yoga on Demand, we will be continuing to add videos and will keep it going as an extension of the studio. Check it out by clicking here.
This is Only Temporary!
Believe us, we’re ecstatic to get back to “business as usual” as quick as we can. Until then, please understand that all of these safety protocols are only temporary, and we’ll be consistently monitoring the situation and will adjust as the situation does.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
We love you all and here’s to being back in the heat!
-D’Andre and Kelsey